Once again this year, SEK Education Group presented its annual awards in recognition of the work carried out by its teachers and professionals, both at SEK International Schools and Camilo José Cela University.
The winners and the SEK and UCJC educational community gathered at the Villafranca Campus of Camilo José Cela University, where the awards ceremony was held, led by Yago Rapallo, student of the Degree in Audiovisual Communication and New Media at Camilo José Cela University.
The SEK Education Group Awards to the best professional inquiries have gone to:
- Early Childhood: Actividades desenchufadas para trabajar el pensamiento computacional, by Cristina Barrado and Mª del Mar López Egea, SEK-Alborán teachers.
- Primary: Colaboración Colegio SEK-Santa Isabel / MediaLab UCJC by Mayte Cotelo Cantarero and Carlos Aguilera Álvarez, SEK-Santa Isabel teacher and Media Lab technician, respectively.
- Primary:Learning Hub: Reimagining the PYP Library, a Professional Inquiry, by Roxane Pérez Manrique, teacher at SEK-Santa Isabel
- Secondary:eSports en el aula, by Fernando García Pascual and Jonathan Tolosa, SEK-Ciudalcampo teachers.
- SEK–UCJC professional inquiry:SEK Changemakers Model, indagación SEK-UCJC, by Estela Fernández Díez, Héctor González Álvarez, Alba Marina González Martínez, Rebeca Martínez González, Caroline Jerome and Iria Rodríguez Vega, teachers from SEK-Santa Isabel, SEK-Atlántico, SEK-Ciudalcampo and Camilo José Cela University.
- The Felipe Segovia Award to the best SEK Student was awarded this year to Pablo Hidalgo, a student from SEK International School El Castillo, who obtained the full scholarship with which each year the most outstanding student of their class is awarded.
The Mª Rosa Bonet Award for Social Commitment was granted to SEK Education Group for its academic and social support in the crisis stemming from the war in Ukraine.
Camilo José Cela University Awards went to:
- Entrepreneurship and Innovation Award:‘MALICO, manos libres de COVID: dispositivo portátil de exposición y detección de radiaciones no ionizantes’ by Ángel Vicario Merino (School of Health).
- Technology and Digitization Award:‘SIP, chatbot empático para el estudio de la salud integral perineal de mujeres deportistas’ by Elena Rodríguez López (School of Health).
- Social Commitment Award‘G.A.P. – Ucrania: Guías de apoyo psicológico para la infancia, adultos y profesionales refugiados’ by Inés Magán Uceda (School of Health).
- Wellbeing Award:‘FELIZMENTE: Intervención multicomponente grupal para mejorar el bienestar de personas con esquizofrenia y tendencias paranoides’ by Regina Espinosa López (School of Health).
- Teaching Excellence Award:Academic career of Sonia Betancort (School of Education).
- Award for Excellence in Research:Excellence in research 2021/22 to Jorge Gallardo Camacho (School of Communication and Humanities).
- Administrative Management Award:‘Protagonistas IESEK’ by Cristina García Gómez and Sergio Barrado Herrero (SEK Education Group Department of Communications).
Following what is now a tradition, tribute was paid to professionals who mark twenty-five years at SEK in this academic year and those retiring this year.